JOB TITLE: CRITICAL CARE NURSE
REPORTS TO: DEPUTY NURSING SUPERINDENT
QUALIFICATION: B.SC NURSING
LICENSES: Registration certificate from Nursing Council
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Registered B.SC Nursing
EXPERIENCE: Worked at an ICU or Emergency room for minimum of 3 years
JOB OVERVIEW: critical care nurses are trained to use their skills and experience to care for patients who are critically ill and at high risk for life-threatening health problems.
Proven ability to apply advanced clinical nursing skills in a home care setting
• Proven ability to solve problems and to adapt nursing interventions as appropriate
• Perform accurate, systematic assessment of patients who are critically ill and contribute patient care plans.
• Should be able to initiate independently life-saving procedures like ACLS when a patient’s condition is critical.
• Ability to handle BIPAP, CPAP machines, ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment.
• Collaborating with fellow members of the clinical care team.
• Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
• Critical care nurses may also care for pre- and post-operative patients
• Ensure thorough knowledge on drug calculation, administration and drug action and Skilled in administering I.V. Therapy and P.I.C.C. Lines
• Should have clear knowledge on therapeutic diet and total parenteral nutrition
• Ensures accurate documentation of care is given
• Implementing nursing strategies or interventions according to the established care plan
• Preparation and/or administration of medications including Pre-Pour Medications, Pre-Load Syringes as required
• Medication monitoring and support for clients with acute or chronic health conditions
• Observing skin colour, texture and general condition to find infection early in clients.
• Ability to care for patients with tracheostomy /Burns.
• Ability to provide the wound care dressing, catheter and Ostomy care
1. Compassion and Empathy towards patient
2. Clean background check and clean drug screen
3. Clinical skills
4. Bedside manner & Presentability
5. Infection control
6. Physiological knowledge
7. Administering medication
8. Medical teamwork
9. Multitasking, listening, and verbal communication
CERTIFICATIONS: Relevant certificate as per the qualification.